- The Magrath Chamber of Commerce
- Duane Thomson, President (Keyline Publishing) organized and responsible for posters and printing
- Arlen Bennett, Vice-President (Magrath Pharmacy) for helping organize, permitting his staff time off to organize, and keeping his store open late for the event
- Roger Davies, Secretary (ssdirect.com) for maintaining the website, booking tables and overseeing set up and take down of same.
- Jay Mackenzie, Past-President (Roosters) for the Gingerbread Contest fundraiser and keeping Roosters open extra late that night, and his staff
- Ross/Julia Moore, Treasurer (Canadian Security Systems) for keeping track of all our monies
- Chamber members who help support this event
- Shannon Sabey, Tannis Beazer and helpers promoting the upcoming Gala Event
- Our main street merchants who hosted tables: ATB, Keyline, Coop, Magrath Dental, 1st Choice and SASH and all the main street businesses and organizations who stayed open late for this event - and thanks for all the treats!
- All our table vendors who helped fill all the venues
- The Town of Magrath
- Council, Admin and Staff - for preparing the giant kiddie treat bags and getting Santa and the Mayor there ..
- Mayor Barnett for attending and leading us through the Tree Lighting ceremonies - keep hold of that big red button ..
- Santa (you've lost weight) for spending all night meeting and greeting our kidlings
- Fire Dept staff for the bonfire and hot chocolate
- Wayne Quinton for getting us access to the ice arena tables
- Town Crew for putting up the lights and blocking off the roads for us that night
- Sam Yamamoto and the Magrath Band for performing and leading Mayor Barnett and Santa into the tree lighting ceremonies.
- The Magrath Library, Museum, Seniors, SASH, Susan's Place and Winks all stayed open late or had their own special events running this night as well
- Westwind News for covering our event in their 4 Dec issue.
- Kudos to all the gingerbread makers who made entries into Roosters contest for judging and auction -with proceeds raised going toward Pals of the Pool. I understand in commercial division the 1st Place went to Leisel Quinton and 2nd Place awarded to Magrath Pharmacy .. but how do you judge all those beautiful entries?
- Everyone who braved the cold and made the event fun and exciting!
- Any else I missed
Saturday, 6 December 2014
Happy Hometown Christmas week!
4 Dec 2014 Magrath AB: Many thanks to all who made our 10th annual Hometown Christmas so fun again this year. I will attempt a list of some of the helpers .. and forgive me in advance if I missed you or yours: